Monday 17 February 2014

Miss Havisham - Hair Experimenting

After creating the messy back combed bun, I began tweaking the hairstyle to add parts of bridal decay and illness. I began to back comb the bottom half of the back more and pinning it under to create extra volume and then created the normal back combed bun.

I started to pull hairs out around to face to create a viel of hair over the face, almost ghostly looking and I adorned the hair with a couple of decaying flowers to create a dying look as if it hadn't been touched in months. 
My inspiration came from this original Victorian hair style of the bottom right hand image, the low  voluminous bun. But as if decorated for a bride and hasn't been touched for a decade or two. 
This was my final creation which I think I will be using for my miss Haversham creation, my partner is Neomi who already has brown hair which I do not wish to change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment