Monday 20 January 2014

Introduction

Dear Reader,

This is an introduction to my make-up in Motion blog, which will be based around Victorian Culture, Gothic horror and the classic novel Great Expectations. When I first received this project brief it intrigued me incredibly, I have always been very interested in the Victorian culture and their superstitions surrounding death, having done projects about the Victorian photos of dead at school. But one character has always fascinated me, Miss Havisham, her ominous aura and captivating stare, her character carries so many unanswered questions. I have so far read almost half of the book but I am struggling as it is a heavy read, I have also watched the version directed by Mike Newell, which stars Helena Bonham Carter as Miss Havisham and the BBC series version which is very different but I found it a lot easier to watch. During this project I hope to find my own understanding and answer these questions, through creating my own version of Miss Havisham, using make-up and hair design to show how I would make her look as if I was making a BBC documentary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment